Saturday 10 May 2014

AAR - Bolt Action - Soviets vs British


So it's been almost a week since me and Jim played a couple of 500pt Bolt Action games on Sunday at the club and it was great fun! First one was Maximum Attrition just to get the rules nailed down and then we rolled for a scenario and got Demolition. By the end of the first game we had the rules pretty much nailed down and that really is a great thing for Bolt Action one completely new player and someone who hasn't played for 6 months was knowing most of the rules and mechanics by the 2nd turn.

Second game was good fun and after the building, which my squads were about to mount my assault on the objective from, was wiped out by a Artillery strike I was left defending my objective with one squad left! Thankfully the squad won a last minute assault on the approaching team meaning my single squad managed to squeeze a draw out for the Soviets.

As you can see from the photos we changed the battlefield around completely after the first game, it's great that the club has so much scenery and buildings that we could do this. It also meant we weren't going to get bored of the same looking board for the whole day!

Check out the pictures below;

1st Battlefield


Free Inexperienced Squad Advances onto the board




Jim's British Wait To Come On The Board
British Make Their Advance
More British Reinforcements Arrive
Soviet Horde Begins to Grow
MMG Supports the Advance
The Mortar Relies on the Spotter Firing For Effect From The Fields In The Back Corner
British Take the Centralised House
And the Soviets Fail in Their Assault Being Wiped Out
2nd Battlefield For Demolition, Towers Are Used as Objectives and are in Opposite Corners
British Units Start Making Their Way Over the Bridge With Covering Fire From a Sniper
The Mortar Team Overlook the British Objective But Misses With Most Shots
British Finally Make It Over the Bridge
The Squad Comes On Who Hold The Objective until the Very End of the Battle To Snatch a Draw!
Not bad photos for an iPhone, would've loved to use the girlfriend's camera but don't think I can persuade her to take it down the club for the whole day! After such an enjoyable day and being home alone for the Bank Holiday Monday I was spurred on to build all my extra 500pts for the Soviets to bring my force up to 1,000pts. The two ZIS-3 Guns were a complete bitch to build, and it seems looking on the Warlord forums I wasn't the only one who has had this experience. None of the pieces seem to go together correctly but after some swearing, shaving and just sticking and hoping I had them both glued together and based.

Here's the rest of the guys and the progress I've made this week in painting them!

Commissioner - Not a Bad Dice for 15pts!

Flamethrower, Time To See If These Really Are as Good as Everyone says.

Lieutenant

Medic - Not in my army list but can add in when needed
ZIS-3 Spotter Crew
ZIS-3 Loader


T34 - The Rust Effect Isn't as Bright as That

Don't Know Whether To Add a Decal or Paint On A Design on the Turret
So yeah it's been great fun getting all of these extras all built and painted up in realatively quick fashion. Hopefully once I'm back from holiday I'll be able to get a couple of 1,000pts games under my belt and see how the rules for Tanks and Guns fair. I'll also then be making a start on building all my Japanese infantry and working out a 1,000pt list for them for the Welsh-Open in October. It's still a good few months to go but I know it'll be here sooner than I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment