Thursday 16 January 2014

A Short Update


Greetings!

Been a bit hectic recently, finally finished my Warhammer training on Monday night huzzah! Though my deployment against The Beastmen was completely borked, something I've got to get used to and learn from, and I ended up loosing the game.....

Fear not for I'm going to be playing my first proper game of Fantasy on Sunday against a fellow newbie at Blyth! Though I won't be taking my Empire this time around. I've signed up for the quarterly tournament (why?) on the 2nd Feb and with the points being 2400 I thought it would be a great chance to use my Ogre army! So this Sunday I'm going to be bringing them to Blyth for a couple of games so I can get use to them/learn all the special rules that go along with these brutes. Still got some custom Gnoblar Trappers, using the bear traps on the Ogre sprues and cocktail stick spikes, to make before then; so hoping they can be sorted either tonight or tomorrow.

So with Warhammer World screwing everyone over about Invasion trips and the Winter Crusade coming to a screeching halt I was a little pissed that I started my Empire army with the hopes of getting it out on the Warhammer World's boards. It's probably why painting them has taken such a big step backwards that I'm not fussed if they take to the table primed and that's it.

What I have been painting finally is an army I've been looking so forward to starting ever since I bought my first few models last year and that's my Lizardmen. After buying close to 70 x Saurus, 40 x Skinks and 8 x Cold One Riders off Ebay cheap they unfortunately sat in my display cabinet doing nothing. Well now in the past week I've been slowly sorting out colour schemes to batch paint them and after some experimenting I've got a simple but effective scheme that I'm going to be using. In the last two nights I've already painted 14 x Skinks and got my Saurus warriors paint scheme nailed down too. Hopefully this weekend I can get the rest of my Saurus fully primed and also crack on with the rest of my Skinks. Oh and today I bought the first of two-planned Bastiladons for my army. Cannot wait to get that bad boy built and ready for painting!

So until the Ogres come to play on Sunday I'll keep you updated and hopefully get some pics up of the Lizardmen soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment