Tuesday 11 March 2014

Whoops!

So I've kind of been a bit naughty....

Browsing the Warhammer forums back end of last week I saw someone positing about selling a Tyranid Army worth £575 at retail for around the the £300 mark. I've always been wanting a Tyranid army despite even the rather sour reactions from the recent codex.

The Swarm is Coming!

But at £300 I wasn't going to drop that much money on models in one go. So I kept an eye on it, the seller kept dropping the price before Thursday he wanted £275 before he split it all down for the joys of eBay. Sensing someone wanting to get rid asap I cheekily offered £200, using a chunk of my end of year bonus from work and he accepted! So I managed to get £575 worth of Tyranids for a £375 saving! I know I'll get bollocked if the Mrs finds out but hey-ho you only live once right? Well unless you believe in reincarnation... 

So what did I get in this bumper box that arrived yesterday?

Well;

1 Codex Tyranids (New One)

The Tyranid Swarm Box Set
10 Gargoyles(Plastic, unbuilt)
4 Ripper Swarms (Plastic, unbuilt)
40 Termagaunts(plastic, 20 partially Built)
40 Hormaguants(Plastic, 4 Built)
1 Carnifex (Plastic, unbuilt)

2 Carnifex Broods 
4 Carnifexes (Plastic, 2 Built, 2 unbuilt)

Warriors
12 Warriors(Plastic, 12 Built)

Hive Tyrant
1 Hive Tyrant(Plastic, Unbuilt)

Harpy
1 Harpy(Plastic, built)

Termagaunts
25 painted Termagaunts

Hormagaunts
15 painted hormagaunts

Genestealers
8 Painted Genestealers

Raveners
3 metal Raveners

Characters
1 Old One eye

So yeah quite a lot and the majority of it is unpainted and unbuilt. Looks like I'll be having a busy busy few weeks getting this all together. I'm going to have a look at the painted models tonight and see whether it would be worth stripping them so I can have all of the army in the same paint scheme. I'm thinking of some sort of black caprace and bright green colour scheme for these but I'll obviously need to get some primed and try out a few techniques to get these spot on.

The Harpy is a huge model, the previous owner has tankfully added magnets to the wings so it can easily be dismantled and stored when carrying about. God knows what I'll be doing with 5 Carnifex at least I can do a variety of weapon loadouts and not have to worry about magnetising and swapping them all out! I've already seen some extra things I want to get but it wont be any time soon, Tervigon, Biovores, both a Trygon and Mawloc but hopefully I can magnetisie this so I only need one!

But don't worry my Tau won't be put to bed just yet, I'm always a fan of having a couple of armies for each game. It makes you not get bored with one force, see my Ogres, Lizardmen and Empire for Fantasy. Though only having enough Ogres for 2400pts it does get a bit boring using the same force week in and week out.

So Tyranid swarm project ahoy! Time to get unboxing and planning tonight me thinks....

Chalmers

No comments:

Post a Comment