Saturday 1 March 2014

Bring on the Summer!


I really hate the British weather at the moment, one minute it's sunny and the next it can be pouring with rain. This gives me and my modelling side of wargaming a massive headache. Take today for example, I got up sun was shining and for the first time in months I thought I'd be able to get a good portion of priming done today....

So I set up a block of 40 Saurus warriors from my Lizardmen army in my spraying box, came downstairs and what would you know the heavens opened and spray painting was called off! Unfortunately I've not got a garage to do my spraying so everything has to be done either outside or in the shed at the back of the garden. So recently I've been building and building but now my cabinets in the backroom are filled with plastic models just begging for a lick of paint.

Thankfully with my Volksgrenadier Flames of War army their small enough to paint on primer using Games Workshop Imperial Primer, you can control the amount of primer you apply and make sure you get all the knooks and hard to reach places with a brush. But the thought of trying to prime 40 Saurus using this technique just makes me shudder. Hopefully with it being March already the weather will get better and the nights will get lighter meaning I'll have more opportunities to spray and prime!

But most of all just bring on the Summer, the plan will be to spray and prime everything I've got built so even when the next Winter comes I'll not be running out of things to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment