Monday 9 December 2013

The Armies So Far

So since July I've acquired quite the collection of Warhammer Fantasy models, I started with an Ogre Kingdoms army; something a bit bigger than normal Fantasy armies to get used to painting again and also an army that doesn't need as many models as 'normal' forces to be complete.

That doesn't mean it's not a huge force, I've so far got the following;

1 x Firebelly
1 x Slaughtermaster
1 x Bruiser BSB
12 x Ogres
6 x Ironguts
4 x Mournfang Cavalry
8 x Leadbelchers
1 x Ironblaster
1 x Thundertusk
3 x Sabretusks
20-odd Gnoblers


The majority are fully painted, I've still got a couple of Ogres to finish off along with the Slaughtermaster. I'll try and get some photos up in the next couple of days.

Recently, since September, the Metrocentre GW store has been running a Winter Crusade where everyone starts a new army and then as long as we have a fully painted 1,500pts army for the end of Jan we're all off to Warhammer World to use our new forces. Now I've always been a huge fan of The Empire, something about the regimental core mixed with the blackpowder warmachines that really grabbed my attention as a kid so it was obvious that would be my next army for The Winter Crusade.

While I'm still slowly building Henry Krtuz Altdorf Relief (working army title) the army is already bigger than 1,500pts and I've still got Christmas, where I know the girlfriend has bought me some more Empire-goodness, to go!

I've been re-learning the rules with my Empire army working out what works for my force and what doesn't and so far this is the collection I've amassed, again pictures to come in the next few days;

1 x Warrior Priest with Extra Hand Weapon
1 x Kitbased Witch Hunter
1 x Mounted Wizard
2 x Wizards
1 x Master Engineer
24 x Halberdiers (20 troops and a 4-man Wizard Unit-Filler)
20 x Spearmen
20 x Handgunners
Handful of Archers and Crossbowmen
8 x Knights
1 x Great Cannon
1 x Mortar
1 x Helblaster Volley Gun


So yeah quite a list with alot more to come after Christmas Day! I really need to get on painting the models I've got at the moment because I can easily see January being a month of constant painting. Rather than going for the half and half down the middle for the uniform I've gone for the easier to paint Red top/Blue Bottoms or Blue Top/Red Bottoms.

I'll get some pictures up soon along with my next battle report which is my Christmas lesson on Thursday night 1,000pts vs GW Carl's pesky Winter Crusade Beastmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment