Sunday 22 December 2013

Start of the Tau

So I thought with the first day of the holidays yesterday I'd make a start on my Christmas projects. The Infinity starter set are built and took a hell of a lot longer than I anticipated. So many fiddly metal bits for each characters and so much flash it took ages to trim everything off and stuck. Though they do look good hopefully I'll be able to get them primed in the next couple of days (as long as the weather stops raining!).

Unfortunately it meant my plan of making the Fire Warriors was a non-starter yesterday, hopefully I can make them today with the possibility of priming them on Monday. I did begin on my Hammerhead that I bought for a tenner off eBay. Being pre-built it was missing some of the weapons but did come with unattached Railgun and Ion Cannon. So I'll be magnetising them so I can switch when needs be.

I've decided a Purple Tau army is on the cards, I was sick of anything Red or Blue what with both my Ogres and Empire armies being those colours and I'm not too confident on painting White or Yellow colour schemes yet. The other paint scheme I was thinking of was a drab green however I'm thinking a mid-year project of Nurgle-Themed Chaos Space Marines might be on the cards using the Dark Vengeance box set so I didn't want to reuse that.

So here's the start of the Hammerhead. Still got a long time to go but I thought I'd do an update. I base-coated the whole Hammerhead Naggaroth Night and then gave the grooves a wash of Druchii Violet. After they dried I used Xereus Purple to be the prominent bright colour. I've still got a few sections to do this colour and I'm still deciding whether to use a grey in the colour scheme?

So here's the Hammerhead in it's current state. Still alot of work to do this week on it. Unfortunately at the moment I'm only using my iPhone to take photos. I'm getting my girlfriend a Digital SLR for Christmas so I'm sure I'll be stealing that to photo my models in the New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment