Tuesday 15 July 2014

First Japanese Squad Completed!

10 down, 30 to go! The first 10 Japanese troops for the Welsh Open in October have been finished and based. Doing the men in batches of 10 really works well as I can put them on a production line and by the time the 10th man has whatever layer of paint applied I can return to the first man for the next layer and it'll be ready.

I've added another grass piece to the front to fully cover the base.


I'm really pleased with the long grass I purchased on eBay. It's about 120mm tall so really gets up to the models waist and gives the squad a feeling of moving through the long grass and attacking the Allies head on. I think a whole army in the paint scheme I've got with the long grass is really going to look awesome of the battlefield. I've already got visions for my gun teams being hidden amongst the grass ready to lay enemy armour to waste.

Hopefully the weather holds up until tonight so I can get close to the other 30 men all primed so I can work on them from Thursday and all weekend as the mrs is working nights this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to paint throughout the weekend days or head down to the club on Sunday as I've stupidly agreed to work both Saturday and Sunday as they needed extra office staff to help for a warehouse stock check.

Once I get the infantry finished, hopefully by the end of the weekend if I really make a concentrated effort, then I'll be ordering everyting else I need to finish off the army. Still trying to source a couple of bits and pieces though so until I can find them I'm not going to have the full 1,000pts to play with. For games at the club I might see whether I can either use my Chi-Ha Medium Tank or proxy one of my Zis-3s for one of the guns I'll have to find from a different supplier. It's a big pain with Warlords limited supply of Japanese models, some of the more tasty options in the army book have to be sourced from elsewhere rather from themselves.

Keep you all updated in the next couple of days with more pictures of the full squad.

2 comments:

  1. Quite enjoying your blog, keep it up. That elephant grass type look is really cool. Not sure if Brit Para's clashed with any Jap troops but I am sure we can give it ago.

    Iggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate, appreciate it! I think the Brit Paras were preparing to join the pacific fight but before the first units could deploy the Japanese surrendered.

    But I'm sure we can have a game anyway with these!

    ReplyDelete