Friday 12 September 2014

AAR - Soviets vs Japanese - Bolt Action

So as mentioned I hosted a training game for Craig at the club as he's just getting into Bolt Action with Japanese. We decided to keep it at 500pts for his first game on a 4 x 4 board and for ease of playing we played Maximum Attrition, it's my least favourite scenario in the Rulebook but when you're just starting out it's easier to just aim to kill the opponent while learning the rules than worrying about objectives and the such.

I ran a 500pt Veteran List, a first for my Soviets and Mort ran a mix of Vets, Regulars and Inexperienced (Heavy Mortar) including a nasty horde of Veteran Japanese Infantry that proved to do any significant damage to. As already mentioned I was easily wiped off the table, Mort used Smoke really well to block my Sniper hiding in a centralised building and then used his Sniper to take him out in one shot.

His Sniper continued to pick off units including my Lieutenant and Medium Mortar. Funnily enough my MVP unit was my free rifle squad who seemed to shrug off any incoming fire and even wiped a squad of Regular infantry too. At the end of the game they were the only Soviets left on the table and seemed to be the only thing that wanted to kill stuff. My two Vet squads both assaulted the large vet squad and failed miserably and were wiped. After that it was down to the teams and the free squad and I knew that I wasn't going to get anywhere with that.

Here's some pics I managed to get, I need to remember to get more pictures in the future of my games;









No comments:

Post a Comment