Sunday 20 April 2014

Happy Easter

A very Happy Easter to everyone, hope you're all over indulging on chocolate and enjoying the four day weekend! I've spent the last couple of days working on my Volksgrenadier when I've got the time. I've been painting like a madman unfortunately it's been on the lounge, stairs and landing walls as me and the girlfriend give the house a bit of a freshen up.

Shutzen Platoon
I have finished my Shutzen Platoon though! The greenstuff was still setting so need to finish off the bases which doesn't take too long. I've also started the HQ unit with the iC, 2iC and three Panzerschreck teams. I'm going to have all the men in these units in white winter uniforms, the feeling is the HQ would be much better prepped for battle in the winter conditions than the troops who were a mix of veterans and fresh conscripts.

May 4th is when me and Jim have organised our Bolt Action game, I'm really looking forward to this and after reading through the rulebook again I think we'll be having the rules nailed down by the first game. We've decided with the 500pt forces we've got we're going to play Maximum Attrition basically kill everyone to start and learn the rules. After that we're going to play one of the scenarios from the rulebook. I've also ordered the bits I need for my 1,000pts army. I was going to wait but Jim has ordered his and I took that as an excuse to order mine. Thankfully the new tyre for the car didn't cost as much as I thought it would.


My Imperial Japan army book also arrived from the book depository not bad for £8. I love the national rules for them and even though I won't have it until May 4th (after payday) I've got the Banzai 1,000pts Japan Starter Force on order from our local supplier - Blyth Models. Looking forward to starting this army and it'll give me a great starting point before adding a couple of extra bits (hello flamethrowers/snipers). I'm off on holiday mid-May but get back for the May Bank Holiday, the mrs is actually off on a hen-do the same day we get back from Morroco (crazy I know) but it means I have the whole bank holiday weekend to build. Think I could get the whole Japan force built and possibly primed in the three days.

Anyway that's not for another month. This month I'm going to be focusing on getting my Volksgrenadier troops finished so I can then make a start on the Pak 40s and Flak43s. Hopefully my Soviet additions arrive too though I know Warlord Games are a little slow on getting orders out. Anyway back to painting the lounge, Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment