Wednesday 12 February 2014

Volks Update

So the last couple of nights I've been working on my Volksgrenadier. Unfortunately having been away the weekend all the bases and figures have sat on my desk upstairs awaiting my return. All the bases went straight into the sink to be washed, I've decided it would be easier to paint the bases and models individually and then assemble the final painted sections together.

I've trimmed all the flash off the Volks, and believe me there was alot, and they're now ready to be washed and then they'll be attached in groups of five, basically in groups for each base, onto ice-lolly sticks so they can be batched painted with ease.

So the bases are a joy to paint, with the weather being so shite at the moment - hell we even had snow last night, and having nowhere to spray undercoat I've been using the GW Imperial Primer which has been a dream for such a small scale. It means I can easily coat the models and not apply too much at the same time. It's a little more time consuming but if I waited for time to spray them I think I would be waiting until summer for that. So I've finished the first five bases and tonight I'll make a start on the five squads that will go on each base.

One thing I have noticed and Kerr&King did warn about is that the Battlefront Flames of War models are a little too big for the bases. It's a pain and a little time consuming but I can trim down the bases and make sure they fit. I'll then need to fill in the gaps with some PVA and sand, I have seen some people suggest Vallejo Pumice but I've never tried it before, it might be a future purchase down the line of it's really a struggle for the PVA and Sand on the bases.

Hopefully tonight I'll have the first five squads, washed, trimmed down and basecoated. I'll get some pictures up soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment