Wednesday 19 February 2014

StuG G Finished

So last night I stayed up and finished all three StuG Gs, I took a risk and instead of finding the Vallejo Brown/Sepia Wash I used the GW Agrax Earthshade and it worked wonders. Once I got into a swing of painting all three it really worked wonders and just as I finished one step on the last tank the first tank was ready for the next step.

I'm not too sure how to make them more wintery though for the Volksgrenadiers. Was going to try Winter Foliage but cannot think of how I'd do it. Maybe some lichen with snow glued on top? I also love the use of Typhus Corrosion on the tracks to make them instantly muddy, I picked up a pot of this when it first came out but never really had a chance of using it until last night properly. After watching Band of Brothers last night and watching the Bulge battle of Foy I noticed how muddy the roads and tracks were so thought the Stugs would look good with the muddy tracks.

I just need one more StuG G for my Volks Tank-Hunter Platoon and I should be getting it on Sunday with one of the Plastic Soldier Company reinforcement single StuG models. Hopefully against the Battlefront trio it should look fine. I'll also be getting the Plastic Solider Company German Heavy Weapon box set too. I'm not sure whether they'll be useable for the Winter Volks I'll have to see the uniforms. Hopefully I'll be able to use the Winter Jackets/Splinter Camo Leggings or visa-versa and they'll look ok. If not I'm sure I'll be able to find some use for them!

StuG G Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment